Monday, April 4, 2011

Shout-Outs To My Other Favorite Works.

Back To The Future
One of my all-time favorite films that I have always admired is the Back To The Future trilogy, although the first film will always remain my absolute favorite. I adore the character of Marty McFly (alright, I'll admit that I've always had a crush on him!) because he is so relatable, realistic and he plays electric guitar. I also love Doc Emmett Brown for his wacky yet lovable demeanor as well as George McFly's nerdiness. This film allows me to dive deep into the fantasy world of traveling back in time to find out what my parents were like as teenagers with a super trendy DeLorean for a time machine. There is a reason why this sci-fi comedy has become a timeless classic; although the time periods are dated, the story still rings true about how certain events affect future outcomes. The script is phenomenal and I intend to make a timeless classic as a director just as Robert Zemeckis did with this film.
                                      
One of the best scenes from the first film where Marty does some awesome skateboard tricks to run away from Biff and his gang.


Spider-Man 
Another mention of an inspiring work for me. As mentioned earlier, art has been part of my life ever since I was born and I am expressing that through my cartooning on 'Camelittle'. I really like comic books because of the artwork and meaning behind the stories. If you ask any of my friends or family members, they'll all explain to you my adoration for Spider-Man. I am a reader of both the original Amazing Spider-Man series as well as Ultimate Spider-Man, which focuses on superhero Peter Parker as a teenager in high school. Why, you may ask, am I so enthralled with Spidey? The answer is simple; he is such a realistic character. If you think of other superheroes, you'll notice that most of them seem to be from a whole different planet (in the case of Superman) and do not experience regular human emotions. With Pete, it is the opposite. We can see the destruction Uncle Ben's death plays in part of his character as well as his struggle to help others and cope with having powers, which he usually doesn't want. Spider-Man is also extremely humorous and always provides comic relief to every situation, which is another form of tension and release as I described earlier. These are just some of the reasons why I am a total Spider-Man girl!


Green Day
Finally, shifiting gears a little bit, it would be a sin for me not to mention anything about music. Green Day has always been my favorite band of all time, and without them I would have never picked up a guitar and dedicated my life to rockin' out! Billie Joe Armstrong and the gang were actually also the ones who introduced me into old school punk rock bands such as The Ramones, The Clash, Social Distortion and even Rancid. I have now expanded my rock roots to include bands such as Led Zeppelin, The Doors, Guns n' Roses and even Johnny Cash. Without Green Day, I would have a huge musical void in my life.  Music has become such a huge piece of me; one of my uncles is a band manager in Los Angeles while the other runs a music venue in the San Francisco Bay Area (heck, my dad and my brother play guitar too). So, here's a shout out to Green Day for getting me into the magic of ROCK!





No comments:

Post a Comment