Sunday, May 1, 2011

Audio Commentary on Sweeney Todd:The Demon Barber of Fleet Street.


I discussed how director Tim Burton and the cinematographer chose particular types of shots to represent the love disconnection between Sweeney Todd and Mrs. Lovett in this particular scene where Mrs. Lovett sings "By The Sea". This is one of my favorite scenes from a film, so enjoy and be sure to watch the original because it's funny as heck! Sorry in advance for the uber annoying watermark, there was no way to delete it. I should have had Sweeney Todd grab his razors and SHAVE it off the screen...

1 comment:

  1. I like this movie ! I think this is a great scene to analyze. I think the cold color of this entire scene create the basic mood of the story- "The love disconnection between them ". The director focused on the characters' movement such as Mrs. Lovett moved and kissed Sweeney Todd but he feel nothing so he keep staying. The contrast of these characters' movement support the mood of this film.

    ReplyDelete